Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Last few months...

The apartment is quiet, there is food in the fridge and suddenly I realize where I am. A lot can happen in a few months; more so if you are planning to do an MBA. A cascade of events culminating in my rude awakening in my empty apartment in Bloomington has changed my life forever.

Welcome to the Kelley MBA. Amidst the offers and rejects of the application season, I made a life changing decision to participate in the MBA program at the Indiana University. But before I embark on documenting my journey in this quaint little town let me cut back to a quick review of my last application season.

The Austin interview was by far the best I had given in the season. Apart from the fact that they made me fly over to Delhi from Bangalore for a sixty minute chat, I was very satisfied with it. We really connected in the interview and genuinely exchanged thoughts and opinions on the green consulting industry in the US. Unfortunately, the applications to McCombs is routed thru the central university application system and by the time they had cleared my application for review by the business school admission committee the class was already full! I was thus urged to apply next year and apply early.

I never had a chance to ruminate on that thought as just a few days and a short Pondicherry trip later I received the admit email from Kelley. They also seemed to be very generous this year; not that I am complaining!

So eight applications, seven interviews, four admits and One very expensive business suit later, here I am discussing a very successful and fulfilling application season. All the very best to all those who are about to embark on the journey… it’s a good ride!

The next question to answer is why did I take Kelley’s offer and start my school this year when the actual plan was to reapply to the top few after gaining a fair amount of experience in the process. A very strong motivating factor is that Kelley was very generous. Did I also mention that they were very generous? What you immediately notice upon coming to campus and experiencing it is that it is truly a top twenty program. I may even go out on a limb and say that the administration believes that they are running a top ten school (historically Kelley was a top ten school in the 90s) and that is a good thing. The quality and expectation levels are set high. Very high.

In the coming posts I shall try to encapsulate my experiences in the program and try to provide more insights into the Kelley MBA.

Bring It on!

7 comments:

Ann said...

Wish you the best of bschooling...
Have the ride of your life!
--Ankita

Unknown said...

Great Post! I love to read articles that are informative and beneficial for me.
bba india

Unknown said...

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.
bba india

roshnivahora said...

So go on and plan to enroll for an Executive MBA Program, Best of Luck.
MBA Admission 2012

OnlyHuman2Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OnlyHuman2Me said...

मैं और ' वे शीर्ष 10 हो विश्वास करते हैं ..' ' एक शीर्ष 20 निश्चित रूप से ' इस आइयू के लिए एक सा अपमान हो पाया एम एम एम .. अगर तुम नहीं किया लागू क्यों वास्तव में , उनके लिए जुनून है ? मुझे लगता है मैं आइयू वे तुम्हें पैसे दे दी है सिर्फ इसलिए नहीं क्यों पढ़ने के लिए उम्मीद की सोचते हैं।
Maiṁ aura' vē śīrṣa 10 hō viśvāsa karatē haiṁ..' ' Ēka śīrṣa 20 niścita rūpa sē' isa ā'iyū kē li'ē ēka sā apamāna hō pāyā ēma ēma ēma.. Agara tuma nahīṁ kiyā lāgū kyōṁ vāstava mēṁ, unakē li'ē junūna hai? Mujhē lagatā hai maiṁ ā'iyū vē tumhēṁ paisē dē dī hai sirpha isali'ē nahīṁ kyōṁ paṛhanē kē li'ē um'mīda kī sōcatē haiṁ. it's not all about the money!

Unknown said...

www.directadmissionmba.in